Today is Black Monday
As you read this, your guaranteed right to fair compensation has just been annihilated.
Today, April 1, 2019, is the day David Eby, John Horgan, Joy McPhail and the NDP with the Green coalition, imposed legislation removing your right to attend court in front of a judge for losses sustained through motor vehicle injury.
These new laws include capping life changing injury damages at $5,500 for:
- Concussions and brain injuries;
- Torn muscles and ligaments;
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; and
- Chronic Pain Syndromes.
Other changes include:
- You must prove “incapacity” or “serious impairment” within 4 months;
- It is unlikely you will be able to rely on your own doctor to write a report;
- ICBC can deem your injury “minor”;
- Your only option is to apply to a tribunal where the decision makers are not judges and will not see you; and
- The right to appeal is so high most cases will not qualify.
David Eby said his government did this to prevent insurance rate increases but ICBC applied for more than a 6 percent rate increase this year.
For more information visit:https://roadbc.ca/what-is-the-civil-resolution-tribunal/
You can find Daryl Brown on Google+